Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Theobroma

29/30 Link Square Mall, Near KFC Restaurant, Bandra(W) Mumbai – 400050.
Tel: 26469010/26469040


Ever since Theobroma debuted in Colaba a few years ago, I have been hearing nothing but copious words of praise about everything edible they have on their shelves. Too lazy to make the trip to their Colaba branch I always joked that as all good things come to those who wait, I would wait for Theobroma to come to me. I guess a lot of suburbanites were wishing for the same too as Theo’s has finally opened shop in our midst in the happening area of Linking Road.

The heavenly goodies on offer are the incentives that make you come back for more.
So far, I’ve tried the;
Truffle Cake ( Eggless) ½ kg (Rs 300) When they say ‘truffle’ they mean truffle! This rich, gooey and divine cake had equal amounts of chocolate and cake, as compared to the dry cakes passed of as Truffle cake by other patisseries.
Coffee Caramel Mousse (Rs 75) This wedge of delicious perfection is a must have for coffee-lovers!
Millionaire Brownie (Rs 65) Their signature Brownie, I believe. Take a bite of the sinful layers that make up this brownie to find out why it’s so famous!

I also tried their Raspberry Cheesecake which tasted so good, it has replaced my all time favorite Blueberry Cheesecake as a favorite!

Everything I’ve tried here so far tastes a cut above from what other patisseries offer. I suspect they use top class ingredients which is why they seem to be priced a tad higher too.

The Service and staff are a real letdown though. The first time I went there the staff was too busy, placing a bucket under a dripping air-conditioned at the entrance, mopping the floor and yelling out instructions to each other, to attend to the customers. On my 2nd visit, though there was no dripping aircon, the staff, seemed totally clueless about the desserts on display. They take their own time to seat you, clear the table and get your order. I specified I would be having the pastry there, twice, and was handed a takeaway after being kept waiting for 15-20 minutes!

Though they are very polite, the staff does need to step up with their service and knowledge of the food on display. Since the Linking Road outlet just opened on the 31 of December 2009, maybe the issues are just teething troubles which will be sorted out soon, hopefully.

No comments: